Monday, August 14, 2023

FARM TRUCK EARNS ITS KEEP

When I had to do some pruning Saturday and the pear tree that was pruned a couple of weeks ago, I had a LOT of large branches/debris.  I started to drag them to a pile elsewhere on the property but then I realized...

WE HAVE A TRUCK FOR THINGS LIKE THIS!

I drove the truck to each pile of debris...

...and loaded tossed it all in the back end.


Here's from Saturday when I had to cut back some limbs/branches.  Same thing, I loaded it all up...


Drove to the corner of the property where we dispose of debris like this, hoping for some nice compost or a future place to plant stuff...


And emptied it all out!

It's so nice having an old truck where we don't have to worry about scratching the bed or paint or getting things dirty with leaves and soil.

Side note, it's also nice having a property where you can just drive wherever you want.  On Saturday, I drove along the side of the house and behind the orchard area along the fence line.  When I was done, I circled around through the front yard and parked it back in the shade.

Bill has earned his keep once again!
Time to reward him with something...

I'll have to do some online shopping.

 

8 comments:

  1. Bill is earning it's keep for sure, but do be careful driving on your dry yard. Them Catalytic Converters do get hot and can cause a fire. Our neighbor knows only to well on what can happen when driving on dry grass.

    Wishing you and 2nd Man a Very Happy Anniversary.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dang, I honestly didn't even think about that. Of course it doesn't sit running long but it also doesn't take long for an engine to heat up. I will be careful about that. Also need to keep an eye on the Jeep when I drive in and park after a 40 mile drive.

      Delete
  2. Farm Truck Bill is doing great in helping with Farm jobs. He sure comes in handy, especially on these Hot days!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does come in handy for sure and since we've never had one until now, we're still learning great ways to use it. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. I was laughing and a little horrified you were dragging, forgetting you could use the truck. In this weather or any weather, it helps to have a tool to lighten the load.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was too, well I was horrified at first and then laughed when I thought "um there is a TRUCK right there", ha. Honestly it didn't even cross my mind, still getting used to using it in various ways. As my Dad always said, you need the right tool for the job! And this was definitely the right tool.

      Delete
  4. My best truck it a 93 dodge dakota. It even drives and runs and gets me there with scratches on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go!! The interior of this one is in need of a deep cleaning but otherwise I really enjoy driving it around and running errands in it when we're out there. This is a 2006 but we only got it about 2 years ago. It has 225k miles on it.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!