Sunday, January 12, 2014

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, RABBITS CAN BE FED ON

Rabbits Can Be Fed On, vintage poster image courtesy of Imperial War Museum
OK, this is an interesting poster for sure.  It was one in a series of posters from the war, this one courtesy of the UK, that urged people to raised rabbits for meat during the war.  This poster was letting people know what they could feed to their meat rabbits.

I can honestly say I've never had rabbit, not sure if I would like it or not.  One of my best friends growing up had rabbits as pets and I was over there constantly playing with them.  Perhaps that has skewed my judgement, ha. 

Hope you are having a good weekend, our weather turned gorgeous this weekend so it's a great time to get stuff done.


4 comments:

  1. My parents tried to get me to eat rabbit when I was a child. They tried to convince me it was chicken until I pointed out that the carcass wasn't that of a chicken (precocious child I was!!). I never did eat it.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rabbit. Rabbit, cider and apple stew is a great meal. I used to shoot them quite often for the pot but rarely have the time now. They are meant to be one of the best animals for converting greens into meat. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to eat rabbits, as we had a neighbor who raised them and gave us a few every time he butchered. In fact, my youngest daughter had two favorite foods when she was a baby. Rabbit livers and spinach, LOL! Of course, once we got a pet rabbit (Cookie b. 2001, d. 2011) there was no way we would even think about eating rabbit again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy loved to kill rabbits and cook them with gravy. Yuck! I just refused to eat them. I do not like the taste. Guys seem to like them. I like the chart and rabbit. Neither chickens or rabbits need special food. I have never bought food for my hens. I gave Daddy permission to kill my pet rooster and relished eating him. He spurred me as he chased me and fought Daddy to get to me again. He had to go.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!