Sunday, January 26, 2014

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, MICE EAT BREAD

Vintage mice can eat bread poster, image courtesy of Imperial War Museum
Here is an interesting poster.

It dates from WWII as well, via Great Britain.  The purpose of this one was to remind people to be conscious of conservation.  In this case, by reminding them to protect their valuable bread, because "two mice can eat half a loaf in a month".  I think at the farm, one mouse could eat an entire loaf, ha. 

I think this one is unusual because it's so minimalist.

Speaking of mice, ha, today is when we're at the farm and I'm building some more of the raised beds.  There are eight more going in and yesterday I bought the wood for four of them.  Next weekend, I'll get the wood for the last four.

More later this afternoon/evening when we get back. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I thought the same thing you did!
    They must have had massive loaves or tiny mice. Or else those mice just weren't doing their best!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!