Thursday, July 28, 2016

TIRE SWING PLANTER, INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday, we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Tire recycled planter, image via Pinterest
Saw this while looking at tree swings a few weeks back.  What a neat idea to upcycle an old tire and/or tire swing.  They painted a tire a color (white in this case) and then hung it and planted with flowers that cascade down the side.  I can imagine there is just soil put in the bottom, and most likely a couple of holes in the bottom to let water drain out.  

We got a few trees this could be neat in and 2nd Family has some old tires they aren't using.  Might just have to borrow one...indefinitely, ha. It has a kind of cool, rustic, recycled look.

Be inspired!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty accessory for the yard.
    I have small tires that I have painted that came off our garden wagon but that's about as far as I gotten with them. I do plan to make a small foot stool tho and of one of one of my small wheels

    ReplyDelete
  2. my SIL took some old tires, painted them white, and set up a "rock garden" in her back yard. it's quite attractive AND environmentally friendly! sorry I don't have any pix...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If 2nd family donates a tire, you could make them one and install it as a thank you. Tires all over the South are painted white and put into the ground standing up. I told a friend this was "yard art." He said, "I thought it was just poor taste."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nice to see a tire with a smiling face. We have about 400 of them on the property waiting for the day we start building our earthship home (cause a grain bin house just wasn't enough for we two kooks. ) I use them to hold watering pans for pigs, sand for grandkids, to hold down tarps on windy days. Poor taste? It's our middle name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers! What are they?

    The ungardener

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers! What are they?

    The ungardener

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!