Saturday, July 16, 2016

BIRD ID AND OFF TO THE FARM

Saw this bird a couple weekends ago.  
Anyone know what it is? 

UPDATE:  Female cardinal!  
Thank you all!

Female cardinal in a tree
I'm off to the farm today, but most likely no mowing.  Will just do a few projects, see what the garden has to offer and come back.  The heat is just unbearable.  Our heat indexes are 105-108.  Not much we can do in that heat.   I would like to get the porch cleaned off, it's become a bit cluttered (for those with porches, is it just us? or does that happen on other porches? LOL).

Good time for some Fall planning as well!


Have a great day!  
More later!


14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I knew but if its not a raven or a robin I'm clueless. Now, show me some herbs and I'm your girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I will remember that for the future. I might need some herb ID'ing. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That's a female cardinal. My favorite birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you!!! We do have quite a few cardinals. I guess I never noticed the females. THANK YOU!

      Delete
  4. For us, benches and porches are pit stops for clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benches, I can only imagine. Will have to remember that!!

      Delete
  5. Female Cardinal.. Young birds look like this also,but the bill is black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's a female cardinal. I bet we have at least 6 pairs of cardinals which come to our feeder every single day. They love sunflower and safflower seeds. One of my feeders hangs from a piece of conduit that my husband mounted under the eaves in front of a big window at a downward angle. When they're on that feeder they're no more than a foot from the window. Now we have 'babies' that are about full grown but still sit on the feeders and flutter their wings trying to get their parents to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't know what they ate and we do have quite a few I see around (the males I always seem to see, they sort of stand out, ha). Thanks!!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!