Tuesday, August 15, 2017

STARS ARE PAINTED

Got this done, in the heat (it dried REALLY fast, ha).  


Used the Rust-Oleum white Ultra Cover which is a paint and a primer in one.  


These are the stars that we got to "decorate" the backyard fence at the house in town before we sold it.  We made sure to buy something we could repurpose at the farm and these were perfect.  


I suspended each one from a chain on a tree branch and painted them one by one.


Just the front side, why waste paint by covering the back? It'll be mounted flush against the wall.


We had two of these large ones and three of the smaller ones. Got them all painted white.  

Barn star
One large one will go on the front of the barn at the top, above the double doors. Of course, guess what we discovered this weekend?  We don't have a ladder that will reach that high!  Oops!  

That's OK, too hot right now to do it anyway so this will be a Fall project.  At least we are halfway there!
  

19 comments:

  1. they will look great on your barn sheds.
    I think I would had still given a light coat of paint on back side to keep from rusting when moisture gets in behind. Just gives them a little extra protection that way.
    Now that you have the stars all painted all you need now is a couple horseshoes to hang above your doors.

    If you lived closer you could had borrowed our long ladder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that's a great point. Didn't think about that. Thank you!! And thanks for the ladder offer, ha.

      And horseshoes! Yes! I think 2nd Family might have some, they have a horse, I'm sure there are a few laying around somewhere, ha.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's not fancy but it's just like "The Lone Star" on our flag so it fits. Thanks!!! Going up when the weather cools down, ha.

      Delete
  3. I must add that the tree is wonderful. Oak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's our party tree (dinner tree?) that we call Barnabas. It's an old, VERY old mesquite tree!

      Delete
  4. They look wonderful. And, as a tree hugger, I love the one they decorated while you painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did look cool there too huh didn't they? Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Those stars will look great on the barn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! Paint the back for extra protection. You don't want to discover the back has started to rust. I like stars hanging from your trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really didn't think about that. That's what we love about the blog and having all these wonderful comments! And you know stars in the tree do look neat huh? Will have to remember that.

      Delete
  7. Where did you get the stars? I'd like to have some on my house and fence.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it's been over a year but they were at Walmart, in their garden center area. Had a bunch of different metal wall decor.

      Delete
  8. Star spangled barns! What a sparkly idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I was reading your post my brain would not shut off and I kept mentally singing "The stars at night are big and bright (du du du du ) deep in the heart of Texas, The prairie sky . . .
    Love the stars!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!