Thursday, August 10, 2017

BENCH FLOWERBED INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


Now this is something of a new thing we are thinking about.  We're going to put in another flowerbed along the side of the house (across from Barnabas, the party tree).  As we thought about flowerbeds and how difficult it has been to manage them once a week, watering, keeping weeded, keeping the flowers alive (at least for now) we wondered about alternatives.  

A couple months ago, we posted THIS PICTURE about an idea for around the barns to do a "flowerbed" without flowers.  So when I stumbled across this photo, we thought this could be a great idea along the side of the house.  A couple of colorful benches IN a flower bed (so there are no weeds to mow around, etc) and we would have something there instead of just empty space, and then it's functional as extra seating (and a spot to rest). 



6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have a spot in the yard where the neighbors magnolia tree blocks all light that I couldnt figure out what to do with,now to find the perfect bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curve of the line between grass and rocks in this picture. Drought tolerant flowers in the pots would help. Of course, plants/flowers in pots need watering more often. I think you need at least two resting places per acre. That is 22 seating areas for your place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. It looks lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw this picture;http://twomenandalittlefarm.blogspot.com/2017/06/rustic-decor-flowerbed-inspiration.html I thought about doing something kinda like that along the long side of my shed, maybe adding a few potted containers here and there. Just a matter of finding the time in getting it done but first have to dig trench for the electrical wiring to shed.
    Maybe when it cools down I can start on that project of laying the fabric, border and the misc. farm stuff I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it that the bench is red. I picture multiple benches, each one in a bright hue.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very good and colorful idea. Being near the party tree, it would be extra seating for a party. And just a pretty spot to take a rest at other times to enjoy your beautiful Farm. You can't have too many rest spots!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!