Thursday, August 17, 2017

STOCK TANK POND INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Stock tank pond, image via gardenweb.com
This is not anything we will do right away, but when we saw this, we were definitely intrigued.  Using a galvanized stock tank as a pond is a pretty cool idea. A great way to have a pond/water feature without all the digging, etc.  

We'll have to do some more research but we think this is a definite "keeper" for our "someday" list of things to do at the farm. Side note, must have some of those retro chairs, they SO remind me of my childhood Summers with my Grandparents...


14 comments:

  1. Those chairs are soooo comfortable! Cool looking picture. Cool, as in cooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember them well. Can't wait to get some at the farm someday.

      Delete
  2. That would be ideal.
    With the Texas heat right now it sure does look inviting for a person to jump right on in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that would be a good idea. Or maybe just stand in it ha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it neat? Simple and probably fairly quick to get set up.

      Delete
  4. I'd probably sit in the middle of that "pond" to cool off.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I bet it would be nice and cool on a hot day for sure!!!

      Delete
  5. I suspect in your summers the water in that pond would get very, very hot if you used a stock tank as the frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, didn't think about that. I'll have to do some research on that. Thanks!!!!

      Delete
  6. Cool idea! I'd have to leave some room in the middle to jump in for a cool-down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out Pam Penick's blog "Digging" she lives in my area of Texas and does cool things with stock tanks. She has a tutorial on making a pond out of a stock tank just like the one you featured. Because of her, I'm the proud owner of many stock tanks. I plant in them almost exclusively now that I'm in my 60's. Weed free gardening! I even grow veggies in them. And they go really well with old farm houses. Wink wink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wouldn't want to situate that stock tank in the sun like that one, you'll be fighting algae continuously, not to mention the temperature of the water as previously mentioned...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!