Monday, August 21, 2017

ECLIPSE DAY AND LEAST WORK POSSIBLE WEEKEND UPDATE

Hot
Not sure if a photo can show the heat but it was hot on Saturday.

How hot?


This is when I left.  2pm.  97 degrees.  Feels like 111.  We reached an official high of 101 and the feels like made it to 118.  

August...the month of doing as little as possible.

Flowerbeds
So with that motive in mind, I edged but skipped mowing for this week...

Flowerbed
I watered everything deeply, including the flowerbeds and fruit trees...

Raised bed
I cleaned out a raised bed in the garden.

That was more than the least possible but I need to start getting ready for Fall garden planting.  So I did this one and one more.  Still have to clean out the giant basil plant bed but that will have to wait for the next time.  I got this straw removed and then turned the soil. Didn't get a picture of that though, not walking back to the garden after forgetting the camera WAS the least possible in that moment, ha 

Eggplant harvest
Here's what may be the final harvest of the Spring/Summer season.  There are also more jalapeƱos under all that purple, ha.  


And of course we would be remiss if we didn't mention that today is Eclipse day.  We are in an area where we will get a 66.7% totality with the decrease in sunlight peaking at 1:16pm. 

There is a cool LINK HERE that shows what you'll see and at what time based on your zip code. 

REMEMBER TO BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN DIRECTLY.  

If you are in the direct path, come back and post a comment about what it was like. The next one is in 2024 and it will pass over Texas...

Hope your weekend was cooler and more productive!

4 comments:

  1. Such an eerie, quiet feeling outside . No birds flying around and not even a tweet from them.
    Dogs howling and that is about it for time being.
    The wild life just don't know what to make of this whole ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was awesome. i hope my pics come out and i will post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are looking very healthy in this heat - looks like you picked the right varieties.

    I went outside at 1:15 for the eclipse but with only a 66% totality, it just got kinda cooler and hazy for a few minutes. Looking forward to 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drove the 140 miles to Nashville to see the total eclipse. Then, I drove most of the way back. Then, I had to have an ambulance on the side of the interstate. Thankfully, my friend was very responsive. It was his car I was driving. Then, I had to go to doctor. I am drained and will tell all tomorrow. The eclipse was so fabulous that I am planning to see the next one in seven years.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!