Thursday, May 10, 2018

FLOWER CAULDRON, INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Flower cauldron, image via Pinterest.com
I like this.  2nd Man is kind of "meh" about it.  Maybe it is a bit too "cutesy" but hey, in the right spot somewhere on the property, it might be neat.  

Of course it could be that it reminds me a little of something my Grandmother had. She had one of these huge cast iron cauldrons hanging from a large round iron circle.  She didn't do the faux fire thing but she did fill the bowl with flowers and I always thought it was the neatest thing. I was sad that after they had both passed, we didn't have a way to get it home. The house stayed with my Uncle and when he sold it a few years later, it went with the house.

Be inspired!

11 comments:

  1. My mother had one hanging somewhat like that but instead of a faux fire she had a small flower bed underneath and flowers planted in the cauldron as well. Eventually the bottom rusted out so it just sat on the ground but still she used to plant a rose in it with low growing flowers planted at the base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cauldron story, later. Just don't use those hideous red chips. I am sure they are visible from space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overdone but a good idea. Better flowers for the fire and no wooden frame and you'd be on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. I like it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty idea! Different colors of Verbena would be colorful, hardy, and heat tolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm inspired! I just posted about our very ugly garden with all the recycled bits and bobs we use to protect young plants. BUT, in a few weeks we'll have some beautiful areas I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the charm in it . . . but my husband would never give up one of his cherished dutch-oven pots, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has potential but I can see the "meh" factot too. The cauldron is great, I'd put more flowers in it. The "fire"? Meh. Love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's cute. I would plant bulbs that would come up at different times of the year. I would tweak it a bit, as I don't want to create hiding spots for black widows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the "fire" is hilarious and cute. I'd do this in a hot minute if someone gave me a big ol' cauldron!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the white flowers for the "foam" bubbling up are pretty clever, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!