Tuesday, May 15, 2018

GARDEN IS DOING ITS THING

After giving up Saturday (see yesterday's post), Sunday was a much better day.  And we were so excited to see progress in the garden.


Tomatoes are doing GREAT!  This is the Heatmaster variety and it's filled up with green tomatoes.  I checked closely for bugs and caterpillars and, knock on wood, so far so good. 


Squash is growing nicely as well.  It should be a couple more weeks and then we'll have our first ever harvest of yellow squash. 


Here are the pickling cucumbers. They have taken off.  And when I looked around, what did I find hiding under the leaves?  Two cukes!


Here is our official harvest:
Two cucumbers and two jalapeƱos, ha!

Should be more coming (especially those cucumbers, last year was cucumber-palooza).


5 comments:

  1. Isn't it exciting to see the first pick of the garden?! Everything is growing so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. Come June, you'll be harvesting so much home-grown food. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting quite the green thumb there.
    The cold spell that we had awhile back kinda slowed up my plants, but now since the weather has turned warmer; well Hot, I noticed that I do have 2 green tomatoes but no peppers setting on as yet.
    From the looks of your wonderful garden; it won't be long before you will be taking a large basket full of fresh veggies, etc.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your harvest! :) Do you mulch everything btw?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all looks delicious. By the time you get out there full time, you will have basics of gardening down. Tomatoes sliced and squash cooked with onion are a delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!