Wednesday, March 6, 2013

CEILING FAN LIGHT KITS UP AND WORKING




As complicated as this might look, it was actually way easier than I anticipated.  I figured I would just jump right in and do it...after making sure the power was off of course.

As a youngster, I always helped my Dad do this when we moved or put up a new fan somewhere.  I seem to recall it involved me holding a flashlight and him uttering profanities. 






Surprisingly, I didn't need either of those. No one needed to hold a flashlight and I never once uttered a cuss word, LOL.  They all went up easily and quickly.

Now we have overhead light in both bedrooms and the living room.  We mostly use lamps in those rooms but it's nice to have some extra light when you need it.  We also opted for the light fixtures they call "schoolhouse", for their vintage look.  This was one of the 'good things' that happened over the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I always feel a little personal triumph when I succeed with something electrical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! It makes me nervous but the more I do the less nervous I am. It's always a personal triumph for me.

      Delete
  2. After all the kinks with the water heater projects, I'm happy that you had smooth sailing with the ceiling fans. Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a variety of emotions, ha. High and low. This was a definite high. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!