Sunday, March 24, 2013

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, DON'T WASTE HOME GROWN FOOD

WWII Don't Waste Food poster, image courtesy of US Nat'l Archives
Here is a really cute and funny poster.

As usual, the gist of the poster was to urge people not to waste food and reminding people to help grow food for the troops overseas.  

This one is neat because it's a Mom and Dad writing to their son in the Navy to remind him to eat all his food and not waste any of it.  I love the "I'll whale him good..." line, you don't hear that anymore!

Hope you are having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!