Saturday, May 2, 2015

A SATISFYING BREAKFAST TO START THE DAY

Some hearty breakfast before heading off to the farm.  I woke up and 2nd Man had made breakfast.  I smelled bacon.  Is there any better way to wake up?  

I don't think so, ha.  
Steel cut oats with bacon 
This is a big bowl of steel cut oats and bacon.  Oh yeah, and it's topped off with some fresh maple syrup from our RECENT MAPLE gift package!

After this satisfying breakfast, as this posts of course, I'm off to get some much needed, long delayed yard work done.  Thursday, when I did the bee check with my half day off, I also edged around all the main areas, house, garden fence, driveway trees, fence line, barns, fruit trees, etc.  I like doing the edging first so that when I mow right up next to it, it magically looks perfect!  


Also going to give the bees their first real hive checks.  Need to see what's going on, check for eggs, larvae, comb building, mites, etc.  Fingers crossed.  

It's a beautiful weekend...cool, sunny, clear.  I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, finally a sunny weekend. Be working on vegetable patch today and if you didn't know, today is World Naked Gardening Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st,
    Ahh, the morning fragrance of bacon, however, I do prefer mine with a subtle under tone of fresh brewing coffee  Looking forwarding to seeing and reading all about this gorgeous weekends activities on the farm. Will be watch for your report on the hive since I am toying with the idea of one / two here. Have a wonderful weekend. - G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waking up to the smell of bacon cooking - one of the joys of life!
    Glad that you got a head-start on weekend chores with the edging done. Now you'll have time for more fun things - like your bees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend. Not certain about the Naked Gardening given your planned chores - but have fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend in the making.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!