Sunday, May 29, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART RACE DAY SUNDAY

 Here we are, the middle of a long weekend.  It's been so hot here, ugh.  Yesterday I did as much as I could.  Today is a day of rest inside where it's cool (with some good food of course, ha).

Bacon, eggs and cornbread
Breakfast pic for a change of pace.  Bacon and eggs and cornbread.  We had some leftover that 2nd Man made from the night before and we figured, why not put it with bacon and eggs?  Great change of pace from toast or biscuits.  It was good.  This plate was mine, I like them over easy.  2nd Man likes scrambled.



We have two big races today, the Indy 500 up first and then when that is over, the longest NASCAR race of the year, the Coca-Cola 600 is on.

We're in full on race mode today.

Comfortable Hobart
And here is Hobart, not at all interested in racing, looking at all of you from the comfort of his blankets, that we always have to make sure are on one end of the couch so he can have access to them.  Because...

#notspoiled

10 comments:

  1. He has blanketS? Lucky cat, so definitely not spoiled. I am old and cold, too. But, I only have two cat-sized blankets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL he does have his own blankets. Three to be exact, ha. He has an afghan we bought at a thrift store specifically for the cats (now solely his), and then the red fuzzy one we used as a Christmas tree skirt. Now it's "his". Then an store bought quilt (not an real handmade quilt) that he uses as "his" as well.

      Delete
  2. I knew there was a reason I liked Hobart, other then the fact he's a beautiful cat ... He dislikes those stupid car races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I will pass that along. He has a big enough head as it is, LOL. And yeah, we know races aren't for everyone but we do enjoy them, Hobart would hang with you instead of being on the couch for the race, ha.

      Delete
  3. Happy Memorial Day.
    Breakfast is actually good any time of the day.
    Me, I go for scrambled and hubby; he's over medium or sometimes sunny side up.
    Hobart sure does look comfy and bright eyed.
    Not able to watch the races last night. :-( Was invited at the neighbors for a BBQ feast along with about 75 people besides.
    They had around 20 of them foldup white tables - plus a couple more set up for the late ones that showed up, and I believe at least 7 tables just for all the food. No going hungry when we're invited next door
    Have an enjoyable and relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes breakfast is good anytime. I do like a good sunny side up sometimes. When I was little I used to get that all the time and when my parents would ask how I'd like them I said so I could poke them, ha.

      Hey, we'd pass up the race for a bbq feast. That sounds amazing!!!

      Delete
  4. How old is Hobart again-17??? Long may he remain—not spoiled!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be 17 in November. We found him as a kitten in January of 2006 and the vet told us he was about 7 weeks old. We counted back and that was around Thanksgiving of 2005. So it's easy for us to remember. 17, yep, and you know he moves a bit stiffly when he gets up but he still plays and eats and drinks and has great hearing and eyesight so we hope he long remains "not spoiled" ha.

      Delete
  5. Yum breakfast! I like leftover cornbread for breakfast too.
    Hobart, agree with you - I gotta have my blankies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know cornbread for breakfast is not weird, ha. Love some good cornbread for sure. I rarely get cold but 2nd Man does keep a blanket on the couch for when he gets chilled, ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!