Monday, May 2, 2022

THE WEEKEND

It was a good weekend for mowing.


Weather was warm early with a nice breeze.  It started out as Zen weather for mowing but it got hotter quickly.


I drove the equivalent of almost 8 miles!  An hour and half of quality and peaceful time.


I also had time to use the weedeater and then the new cordless mower around the fruit tree beds and got them all cleaned up and looking nice.  The plan this coming weekend is to get the fishing line around the entire area so that we can keep the deer out of here when the fruit starts coming in later this year.


It got warm pretty quickly as the humidity went up.  By mid afternoon it was a "feels like" of 94.
Summer is coming!

Tomorrow an update on the other project I was able to do, the new fruit trees.


Here is a pretty flowering plant for your viewing pleasure, ha.  It's going in a special place when we have a flower bed to put it in but for now, we take care of it on the porch.  It's the "Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow" plant, received as a gift a couple years back.  The scent is amazing and they get huge.  

8 comments:

  1. Your ' park' grounds always looks so nice with everything mowed and trimmed.
    Love the plant but I really don't have much shade to speak of to grow that plant here. :{
    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it grows well in sun too but I'll have to check that out. Funny that you call it park grounds, we've always kind of felt that way when it's done. Not necessarily in between, ha.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of that plant ... The blossoms are beautiful! Your yard looks so beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? This was a gift from a coworker. She has one in front of her house that has been there for years and it huge. In fact I need to post a picture of it. It gets the name from the fact that the flowers are three different colors all at the same time. Sort of one color yesterday, they changed today and tomorrow they'll be another color. thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks very nice. That hour and a half will seem longer as it get hotter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Yep, I love it this time of year, but remind me in July and August, ha.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so neat and tidy!
    I love the Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow plant – such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, this is a pretty bush. We want to put it in a special spot.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!