Wednesday, November 20, 2013

BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SAUSAGE WITH RICE RECIPE

Here is a quick something we threw together and it couldn't have been easier.  Apologies ahead of the time for the photos, the flash on my camera was acting up and so some photos were sharp others were blurry.
We had some butternut squash, peppers, pears and sausage.





First up, we diced the squash, peppers and pears and put them on a baking sheet.



Then we diced up some Andouille sausage into about the same sized pieces as the veggies.  We tossed it all in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and popped it in the oven.






We roasted them all at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the squash was tender and everything had a nice color to it.



While that was roasting, we made a pot of mushroom soup rice.  Just white rice, some vegetable broth and some cream of mushroom soup.  We had a few fresh mushrooms leftover that we added after it was cooked.

Roasted Squash and Sausage with rice
Then we just put some rice in a bowl and topped it with the roasted veggies and squash.  The Andouille sausage has a smokey flavor and that, coupled with the roasted squash and the sweetness of the peppers, was just wonderful.
It was a delicious quick dish, and definitely has all the flavors of Fall!

Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds Yummy! I'll have to try this. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good, in fact, I'm going to request it again soon, ha.

      Delete
  2. I quite like the sound of this. When am I coming over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over! Oh wait, that would involve passports and international travel and such, ha. You're still welcome any time! ;-)

      Delete
  3. 1st Man,

    We know where were going for left overs :-)
    Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leftovers? Bwahahahaha!!! Maybe there will be some next time, ha.

      Delete
  4. I love roasted vegetables and the squash, peppers, and pear combination with sausage sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted veggies are wonderful and this was a great combination.

      Delete
  5. I have an offer for your blog readers. Share my blog. http://livingmyhalfbakedlife.blogspot.com/2013/11/small-business-spotlight-olivu-426.html She's a real cool small business woman who makes all natural products from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brilliant and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, and you are sweet! Thank you! It's really good! ;-)

      Delete
  7. I thought it was a plate of candy corn at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, looking back on the pics, I can see that!!! Ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!