Tuesday, February 25, 2014

RANDOM FAVORITE MEAL PICTURE


Here is just a quick picture of one of my favorite meals.  It's simple and the flavors just go together so well.  Not to mention it's kind of a looker!

Pork loin, peas and roasted sweet potatoes
 It's a roasted pork loin that we serve with butter cooked peas and mashed sweet potatoes with garlic.  It's so good and one of my absolute faves.

Oh and a glass (or two) of wine is always a good accompaniment.

Herbs de Provence roasted pork loin
This is the pork loin.
We cover it with Herbs de Provence and then roast it in the oven.  We make sure we use the blend that contains lavender as some blends don't have it and it makes such a nice flavor with the pork.  Yum.  Now I'm hungry.


10 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! I do the same with pork loin but add a couple of strips of bacon on top to keep it all moist and delicious and bathing the whole carrots that make a rack under the roast. This is often requested for a birthday dinner, probably about half the time and I host 14/year(includes grandkids and nieces/nephews)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't bacon make EVERYTHING wonderful? Ha. Carrots underneath sound yummy too. I think we use this as our go to special meal as well, ha. Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  2. And what did you have for pud?
    Pud is dessert in the uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pud? I learned something new!!! We had a slice of apple pie as I recall. Mmm, now I"m hungry again! ha.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Boozy-peas, I like that...it could be a new dish!! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Yum to everything except the pea (bad childhood experience lol). I like peas (small quantities) in casseroles, soups and stews. Love LOVE sweet potatoes. My favorite with real butter, a little brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you don't like peas. They are one of my faves. Aren't sweet potatoes yummy? I like them better than regular taters. Love the idea of cayenne pepper. Next time we make these, I might just add a bit of cayenne. :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was lovely. But of course I'd love any of your dinners, you always have such amazing food. Thanks!!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!