Saturday, February 22, 2014

COME SIT ON THE PORCH FOR A BIT

Come, sit a spell on the porch with us...

It might be the middle of "Polar Vortex" season, er, Winter, but let's time travel back to some warmer weather pictures to remind us of those warmer days.
I was sitting in the rocker, enjoying the breeze one Fall day, when I decided to take some pictures from where I was sitting to share the view...


This is the view turning to the right and looking at one end of the porch and the mudroom door...


Then here it is, looking off the porch in the same general direction.  A little bit beyond that clump of trees is where the future barn and chicken area will be...


This is looking straight ahead from where I was sitting toward the driveway and beyond the tree (that I now notice needs to be trimmed now that Spring is around the corner, ha) is 2nd Family's back pasture...


This is turning to the left somewhat, where you can see the garden area (and our usual parking spot).  You can also see the edge of the front porch stairs...


And then this is looking completely to the left, total opposite of the first picture, in the direction of the other end of the porch and the side set of stairs leading toward Barnabas.  The front door to the foyer area is to the left, just out of the view of the picture.

Thanks for stopping by!
Come back soon!




16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. It's very peaceful....though a bit warm in the Summer, ha.

      Delete
  2. I feel hershel should be sitting in a rocker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I didn't think about that. Gosh I miss him (Walking Dead reference for those not sure what we were talking about, ha). Yeah, I could see that.

      Delete
  3. Just met Barnabus. Love him!!
    Other shots are nice too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks. Yeah, he's a great old Mesquite tree. Hopefully it will become a great outdoor dining area this Spring/Summer.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! Ahhhhh I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see green in the middle of cold Winter. :-)

      Delete
  5. I love soothing views when I sit outdoors. Green is mentally soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it makes you long for the Spring and Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!!! Well, for us, Spring for sure...Summer can be a bit on the warm side, ha!!

      Delete
  7. It's so nice to GREEN pictures! Thank you so much. It's starting to green up here now, after all the rain we had last week. My maple trees have their red glow to them now. And the daffodils are blooming and hyacinth are popping up. I was just about sick of brown, so thanks for the green pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, us too....it's so boring when everything is brown and no leaves. I didn't get to the bulbs last Fall (planting them) so we don't have any spring bulbs coming but we do get wildflowers here in Texas so we should be good with some color in another month or so. Thanks!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!