Sunday, February 2, 2014

PUT YOUR MUSCLE ON, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY


Not sure how many young people today would sign up for something like this, but it's nice to think that there was a time when they would.  This poster from WWII urged young men to sign up for a farm job and use their muscles to help support the war effort.  

The phrasing is different to me though...'put your muscle on a war basis'?  I understand the point but the use of 'on a war basis' sounds odd.  Any thoughts?

Cold and rainy today.  Is Spring coming soon?  We hope so!


2 comments:

  1. Heheh, seems that with the lack of employment out there these days, many young people might just sign up for farm jobs. In fact, some older people would sign up for them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, good point. I bet that might be a bad national campaign today would it? Thanks for the comment and for stopping by!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!