Sunday, February 16, 2014

TURN THAT GAS DOWN, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Turn That Gas Down, vintage WWII poster, image courtesy of Britain's Imperial War museum
With more than 60% of the country still covered in snow this weekend, here's a great poster from WWII Britain that reminded everyone to "Turn That Gas Down".  Energy savings for the war effort of course.  Pretty neat poster actually.  That image actually makes me want a nice cup of hot tea right now, ha.  Is it OK to turn the gas up for JUST a moment?

Hope you are having a good weekend, yesterday was a shopping day for the irrigation supplies and today as you read this, I'm at the farm digging a trench, a long trench, if all goes according to plan of course. 

More later!


4 comments:

  1. Its tea time up here! Pop on by for a delicious cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would SO love to do that. You know Granny could make us a great pie and we could all eat pie and have tea. Life doesn't get much better than that, ha.

      Delete
  2. I do love a cup of tea! You manage to find some of the most interesting vintage posters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tea as well. Thanks, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it going but thankfully, libraries and such around the world have all sorts of collections and because they are all so old and were printed by the governments, they are public domain. I'll keep searching. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!