Monday, October 17, 2016

FALL GARDEN UPDATE

Here is a Fall garden update.  


This is one side of the tomato raised bed.  This tomato is doing great, as are the Bibb lettuce plants.  Our warm weather is only around for two more days, so I expect it to take off once the cooler weather is here to stay. 


This however is the other tomato plant on the other side of the bed.  Yep, it's in there, not doing well at all.  Not sure what happened but I think we're too late to replace it so I'll just let nature take it's course and see if it rebounds.  Tomatoes are nothing if not resilient.


This is the "greens beds".  Kale, Mustard and Collards...and our "perennial chives" in the corner, ha.  


This is the squash and Napa cabbage bed.  The squash is doing great and has four blossoms on it.  The Napa cabbage is growing nicely as well.  

We have cooler weather coming, only a couple of days away, and then the heat is done for the season.  Hopefully, the cool weather crops will take off then. Next weekend, I'm going to plant a new bed full of something wonderful.

More to come!

8 comments:

  1. All and all everything looks like it's coming along nicely.
    I got my first bloom this morning on my pole beans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they will REALLY like the cool weather when it gets here. I wished I had planted beans but will try that next time. It's all still a work in progress.

      Delete
  2. Friday and Saturday will have the first weather not 80s or above. Your garden looks great!

    pparsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, and yep, we're going to be cool like that too, can't wait!

      Delete
  3. Looking good! Everything is growing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Slow but steady. It's all learning.

      Delete
  4. Your garden is taking off in the cool weather and ours is slowing down. That squash looks like it may overtake the napa soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah, I am worried for the cabbage but it apparently can handle some shade. We'll see.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!