Sunday, August 29, 2021

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

It was a good day yesterday, update tomorrow.  It was hot but mostly productive.  When I came back into town, 2nd Man had made one of my favorites...

Homemade chicken pot pie

...homemade chicken pot pie!  He makes the crust and then fills it up.  Regular readers know that we always roast extra chickens when we have one in the oven and then take the meat off the bone to vacuum seal and freeze.  Well, that is for moments like this, ha.

He used his Lodge cast iron pie pan that I gave him.  We'll do a review of that soon (hint, it's awesome, ha).  Anyway, the meal was wonderful and the good thing is, it will feed us all weekend.

Hobart the seat stealer

And of course, here we are, another Sunday in the books and that means another day of Hobart lounging around.  He's a seat stealer...when you get up from the couch and go to the other room, more often than not, when you return you'll find your spot occupied.

Do we move him?  Nah, we just sit on the other end so we don't disturb his majesty.

Hope you are having a good weekend!

 

13 comments:

  1. The chicken pie looks delicious. Can't wait for the cast iron pie pan review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves the pan, this is the second time he's used it and it makes a perfectly browned bottom crust.

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious! I would have to put green beans instead of peas, though. Do you use canned or frozen mixed vegetables?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I know peas aren't everyone's favorite, ha. Yes, we always have a bunch of frozen veggies in the freezer ready to go for whatever usage. SO many choices these days with all different "blends".

      Delete
  3. Hobart looks bored. Do you play with him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, he just woke up. I was trying to get a picture of him sleeping and then he woke up yawned and looked around like "um, I was sleeping", ha. Yes, he has a basket full of toys. His favorite is a pole that has a toy on the end of it so we can go "cat fishing", ha. He'll be 16 in November so he does sleep more than he plays.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good day at the Farm. And then you came home to such a delicious meal. 2nd Man made a gorgeous Chicken Pot Pie!
    Hobart looks so comfy on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, still hotter than heck, ha. Thanks it was very pretty. I love a good chicken pot pie and he makes a good one. Hobart rules the roost for sure.

      Delete
  5. Forgive the drool all over my keyboard as I type this, but did I miss the recipe for this delicious dish? I would so dearly love to have it if it is for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COLE!!!!!!! (pardon everyone, a very dear friend of ours) thanks for stopping by. I am not sure if we've ever posted that, but I'll be glad to get it put down on print to share. Stay tuned. Hu

      Delete
  6. Homemade chicken pot pie has me drooling before breakfast at my place this morning!
    Hobart is a beautiful black cat ... thanks for sharing him with us! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a looker, even in his old age, ha. Thank YOU for always stopping by to leave such kind comments.

      Delete
  7. I love my iron skillet(12) inch. It is always on my cook top to use anytime I need. Yesterday I did not have a protien for my salad so I diced up a hot dog in small pieces and throwed them in a hot skillet, browned them to a little toasted stage and poured them over the salad. They gave my salad a whole new taste. My skillet came from my Mom and is over 100 years old. My daughter cooks almotr every thing in her iron collection.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!