Sunday, February 20, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART DAYTONA 500 SUNDAY

It's Sunday and you know what that means, good food and Hobart.  But also...


...regular blog readers know that we are NASCAR fans and of course today is the Daytona 500...arguably THE big race and the start of the season.

I am cooking today, 2nd Man wanted me to make my (his words) famous BBQ ribs and coleslaw.  As this posts though, it's not ready so no picture of it yet.

Baked potato with steak

Yesterday, we had steaks and baked potatoes.  We haven't had a baked potato in a while and it was so good.  Of course, we load it with butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits and chives, because...DELICIOUS!

Hobart

It's a bit on the cool side today and overcast, so Hobart is snuggled up in one of his blankets.  He was asleep and I called his name several times to make him wake up so I could get a picture of him.  This is his grumpy "you woke me up for what?" face.  Oops, so I covered him back up and he went to sleep.

#notspoiled

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping that your promised entry on how you two met and came together twenty years ago would have been posted on Valentine's Day but no such luck. Sob! Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to lick that baked potato and steak right on the screen. I watched Frasier when one episode had Niles talking about a book==Legend of nas CAR. You know how Niles is so uppity. Pronounce it and you will laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That steak and baked potato looks fantastic! And of course, a baked potato has to have all the extras loaded into it! Your BBQ ribs and coleslaw sounds really delicious. Yum!
    That look on Hobart’s face: “I cannot believe you woke me up from my wonderful nap just for a picture for your blog! Now let me get back to my beauty sleep.”

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!