Sunday, April 24, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY EASTER UPDATE

Hello all!  Last weekend was Easter and when I posted our good food and Hobart post, we were cooking Easter dinner and couldn't post that so we figure we'd share.  Here is what we had.  We love having this on occasion and it seemed like a good day for it.

Ham, the wonderful carver type ham we first found a few years ago and now that's all we ever get, homemade mac and cheese and roasted broccolini.  We also had some homemade bread.

For dessert, 2nd Man made a lemon pound cake.  

SO GOOD.

We found these fun bee items in the Easter aisle at the store and couldn't resist.  The hanging honey sign is on the inside door of the barn/workshop and the plaque, which has an embossed metal front with the bee, is on the desk in the barn.

We have an annual tradition of getting Lindt chocolate bunnies.  It's the only candy we get (at Easter anyway, ha) and we look forward to it.


It was warm last weekend so we had the a/c turned down a bit more than usual and Hobart was cold...so we covered him in one of his favorite blankets and he was happy as can be.  Because...

#notspoiled

11 comments:

  1. what wonderful easter food. we went out for sushi! i haven't been cooking much because i've been too busy with the project. i wish i was cold like hobrt. it's almost 90 degrees here right now. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, we could eat some good sushi right about now. Love it. We can imagine the project has been even more time consuming that it appears on the blog. But it's looking fab!! We are supposed to be in the 90's I think by next weekend. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Your Easter dinner looks amazing. Mac n Cheese is so good with ham.
    I had a Lindt bunny too. I'm not a big sweet eater but Lindt is one of my favorite chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a great combo we've learned. We not big candy eaters but we do love Lindt and the bunny is just the right size, ha.

      Delete
  3. We only bought a Lindt bunny, too. That ham makes my mouth water! I am always cold, too. I think it is our age...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about those little gold bunnies, ha. We don't eat ham often which keeps it special, ha. It's good. Hey, we had it to wear I had to put socks on cause my feet were cold ha.

      Delete
  4. Ham, mac & cheese, lemon pound cake ... Hobart is not the only spoiled cat in that household! LOL No wonder you love that guy!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. Yep, I think I'm spoiled too. :-)

      Delete
  5. Delicious look meal. I cubed up some ham yesterday so that I can make my scalloped potatoes & ham for later in the week.
    Your bee/ Easter items make for a nice addition to the farm.
    Spoiled Hobart really looks nice and comfy.

    Our thunderstorms just moved in about a hour ago and pouring down rain at the moment. The big cracks of thunder woke me up

    Take care, stay safe & stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention; 2nd Man, you Lemon Pound Cake looks Divine. I think I could sit down and eat at least 1/2 of that, but my hips say, 'No Way'; but my tummy says, 'Yes Way.'
    Guess I just need to dig out my mini bundt pans and make me some Lemon pound Cake. I do like using my 20cavity mini bundt pan but they are a burger to clean. My sink isn't big enough to wash it, so what do I do; I clean it in the bath tub. Yes, I do have a dishwasher, but don't never use it cause I use my dishwasher as an extra cupboard to store my specialty pans in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic Easter meal you had! And Lemon Pound Cake. And even chocolate bunnies! So many goodies!
    Cute bee signs.
    Adorable picture of Hobart!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!