Friday, June 3, 2022

SHARING THE FINDS TRASH TO TREASURE

 Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.

This post will be a bit different though because we didn't want you all to think we just fill our place up with stuff we find.  Quite the contrary, more often than not, we don't keep what we find, we look and think, we don't have a use for that but while they may not be something we'll use, we'll gladly share with friends and coworkers who might want them.

I'll usually text or email a picture and say "hey, do you want this ______ that we found?"

Here are a few:


Found this white laminated coffee table. It was very sturdy and well put together.  It's not really something we could use but I couldn't let it go if someone else could use it.  So, I asked a friend of ours and he said "yep, I'll take it".  He is currently using it as a coffee table in his contemporary styled office.


Then I found this recently.  It's a very pretty artificial wisteria tree.  Pretty, but definitely not our style.  I texted a coworker and she replied "yes, I'll take it!" It's now residing in a corner of her bedroom which happens to be decorated in pink and purple.  Win/win!


And lastly I found this wicker hamper.  Again, not something we could use (we already have two) but a friend wanted it and it is currently in their laundry room serving its purpose.

Someone else's trash is another person's treasure!


5 comments:

  1. You are so lucky! I guess people just throw stuff away when they don't need it and at least you have a chance to save it from the landfill and let someone else get use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much now, but in the past I have rescued things from the curb and offered it to friends. I first bring it home, think about it as I clean it up, and then find it a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great treasures once again and wonderful that you have some awesome friends who is able to use the items that you find and don't need.
    I'm sure you will find more great items being it is the 1st part of the month and people are moving now that school is out.
    Always a good time to find them great treasures; either at /by a dumpster or curbside.
    When people are moving, they try to downsize and get rid of the items that they no longer need or want.
    So much is thrown away and into the landfill it goes.
    If I get items on the cheap, or free, I will fix it up, repair, repaint or whatever and will donate it to our local Mission Thrift Store or to the Salvation Army.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharing the wealth! So kind and considerate of you. Your friends and co-workers got some great freebies to re-purpose in their homes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!