Sunday, October 30, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

October is almost over.  How is that even possible?  Well another week flies by and that's another week with some good food and Hobart.

Regular readers know that we usually post a few days after Thanksgiving that we pick up some discounted turkeys, roast them and then vacuum seal the meat (as pictured above from last year).  Well, this is why:

We thawed out a bag of turkey and 2nd Man made a big bowl of "chicken salad" using the turkey instead.  Full of apples, pecans and other good stuff.  It was so good.

Speaking of turkey, I think we have one bag left.  Thanksgiving is coming, so we'll have to be sure and get some more of the upcoming year.


And as usual, here is Hobart.  Every morning when I'm getting ready for work, we have a routine when I'm brushing my teeth, he comes in and lays down at my feet and I have to give him a back rub because...

#notspoiled 

8 comments:

  1. I just finished up packaging up 2 rotisserie chickens and put in the freezer for later use.
    We received a total of 5 & 1/4 inches of rain this week, so need to water anything for a day or 2 and enjoying the cooler temperatures. Did have to turn on the furnace the other day to just take the chill off a bit.
    Watching the Cowboys play and trying to watch nascar races at the same time.
    Hobart sure does look comfy.
    Enjoy the rest of the day and have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great race it was today; exciting and fun to watch, especially at the end of it

      Delete
    2. We got about 3 inches downtown, but it was moving so fast at the farm that we only ended up with about 1/2 an inch.

      Oh my gosh the end of that race was insane! That move by Ross Chastain was amazing. :-)

      Delete
  2. 2nd Man made a really delicious meal! It’s so convenient to have part of the prep already done with the turkey. Looks like he even made homemade flour tortillas – extra yum!
    So sweet of Hobart to greet you each morning and of course get a back rub in return. My cats always greet each other and me after being apart for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we just realized that we ate entirely out of the freeze and fridge this weekend, didn't have to go to the store for anything saturday or sunday. That's nice. We can't wait to have a big freezer. That's actually lavash (not homemade). We already had some of that. It makes the best wraps.

      Delete
  3. I know I have some turkeys that are not cooked. I suppose it is time to cook them. Hobart is looking expectantly for his morning petting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be restocking our cooked turkey supply soon, ha. Hobart loves is backrubs and tummy rubs (then again, who doesn't? LOL).

      Delete
  4. I always buy hams and turkeys as well. In the summer, I slide slices of lemon, and rosemary under the skin of it, and rub it with butter and garlic. It cooks in the oven quickly and it is perfect for salads. I always get the biggest hams that I can find and chop them up, just as you do. I was cleaning out my freezer, and I found a package from last Easter. I thought it was gone. I made a pot of scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!