Thursday, April 25, 2024

HANDMADE EASTER ITEMS TRASH TO TREASURE

Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.


This is what I saw sticking out.  I pulled out the bag and thought, hmm, let me take this upstairs and see what this is...

As I carried it upstairs, I moved stuff around inside and realized it was crocheted items.  I poured them out onto a table and...


...they are handmade Easter baskets, bunnies and eggs!  I sorted through them all and disposed of the Easter grass (we can get that when we need it).

I put them all together.


There were nine complete sets, nothing missing, (unless maybe there were ten or twelve, ha).  There are 9 baskets with 2 eggs each and then 9 bunnies with eyes, big ears and a little puffy tail.  SO cute.

Not sure what we'll do with them.  We have great nieces and nephews and friends with kids of all ages, so they'll be cute to share.  We figured someone made these by hand, with love of course, and probably for someone's child or children so we just couldn't let them end up in a landfill somewhere.  They'll go in our Easter box for next year.  


10 comments:

  1. First ... Kudos for recognizing crochet rather then knit items!
    Second ... OMG they are so cute and there is a lot of work involved in creating the entire set! Definitely save them for your own Easter decorations! Soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find. Those are simply Adorable. The grass I keep and put in ziplock baggies. Grass you can put in glass jars along with Faux eggs, etc.

    Wrap them items up individually in White Acid Free tissue paper; put in clear container with a good sealed lid and they won't turn yellow over a period of time.

    Cloudy here and T. Storms moving in late afternoon / evening hours and continue over night.
    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling! I hope you keep a set for your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! A lot of time, talent, and love went into creating them. They would make a beautiful Easter display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing what you find there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for rescuing these cuties. They do indeed represent someone's love and work - hate to see something like that just tossed out. You're the best!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you rescued those and recognized their value and potential.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable. Can't imagine why someone would throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Handmade products radiate authenticity and craftsmanship, each piece telling a unique story of skill and dedication. Choosing handmade not only adds charm to your life but also supports artisans and fosters a more sustainable consumer culture

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!