Saturday, May 19, 2012

SATURDAY UPDATE

Close up of wildflowers at the farm
Today was a good day.

Didn't get everything I wanted done, but I did enjoy my solo time out there.  2nd Man had to work to make up for yesterday, and they didn't have a big SUV or truck available as a rental, so we got a Dodge Journey with a third row of seats.  Don't need that but oh well, it is what it is.

  I was able to mow everything, including the trails that 2nd Family had used the brush hog on to clear them.  I am mowing over them regularly, to keep them cleared and it's working.  Of course I stopped many times to avoid frogs and butterflies and a small rodent of some sort.  In addition to mowing, I also took down a few smaller trees, and have started cleaning up the future garden site.  I didn't get to the flower beds, but without having a vehicle to transport the bigger items, and plants, I'll use the upcoming long Memorial Day weekend to get some of that stuff done.  Inside I put up some shelves in the closets, brought some more baskets out there and put them in strategic areas for storage (love baskets for that!), hung a few pictures and enjoyed the cold air inside the house (extension cord works great by the way).

Hey, any day on the big green machine (the John Deere) is a good day.
Hope you all had a great day and we still have one more day for the weekend!  Have plans tomorrow with 2nd Man's family (a graduation) and we're looking forward to that.  Not sure if we'll make it to the farm but like I said, long weekend next weekend, and I'm making my list already!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were very busy and accomplished alot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as much as I wanted, but there aren't enough hours in the day sometimes for that, right? Ha.

      Delete
  2. WOW! Who needs flower gardens when you have those gorgeous wild flowers there. And they take care of themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's true, now if there were just some around the house, lol. If I tried to plant them on purpose, it wouldn't work, ha.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a really good and really productive day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, like I said though, didn't get as much done as I wished, but of course, I roamed around exploring a bit too, so we have to have time for that huh? :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!