Thursday, June 25, 2015

ART BARN, INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Sunflower Art Barn, image via Pinterest and art by Annie Stranger
OK, stumbled across this a couple of weeks ago and loved it.  It's a beautiful sunflower mural painted on the side of a barn (or possible other outbuilding).  It's just stunning and I can imagine how amazing it must look in person.

While we would not have this painted on the side of brand new barns, the purpose of our inspiration posts is so that we WILL have a record later on of things we might want to do.  So who knows, in a few years, when they might need a new coat of paint, it might be pretty to look out the window of the house and see something like this across the yard!

Be inspired!


15 comments:

  1. reminds me of my witch mural inside my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely. Hmm... I may have an outbuilding to try that on someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timely.. just started scraping one outbuilding last night and was trying to get a sense of what I wanted to do with it, paint wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty.
    I have seen some barns that have painted flags on their buildings as well as livestock along with large advertising sings painted on
    An artist I'm not, but it sure would be fun to have a John Deere tractor painted on my hubby's shed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have variety of flowers and / or a garden painted on the end of my garden shed

      Delete
  6. Red barns are classic but murals are today. I'm sure you'll have something pop into your head in the middle of the night. Then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible! Why would anyone paint over this?? That's crazy talk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful mural. Very cheerful with the big sunflowers.
    Kinda reminds me of the murals some towns paint on the sides of buildings which depict that town's history. New Braunfels has some really beautiful ones - http://www.nbmurals.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1st Man,

    I love it!!! And if I had a barn, I would paint a floral mural on it...... that is if my husband let's me have my way.....LOL!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the prettiest sunflower murals I've seen! Thanks for sharing it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE this. I don't have a barn, but I have a garage and a shed. I wonder if the hubbs would freak out if I had this painted on one...or both, hehe

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!