Sunday, January 29, 2012

HOMEMADE VANILLA EXTRACT UPDATE




Remember when I blogged HERE about how to make homemade vanilla extract?  Well I thought since it's closing in on three months since I did it, (where DOES the time go?), I'd give you an update.

We keep the bottle in the top of a cabinet that is rarely opened and then a few times per week, just whenever I think about it, I take the bottle out and shake it up for a few seconds and then put it back in the dark.





I shined a flashlight on it to let you see that in just about 3 months, it's becoming dark and very 
'vanilla extract like', for lack of a better term.  Even though you can use this at about 3 months, we like to wait a full 6 months.  So for this bottle, we'll be looking at May 6th. And on that same weekend, we'll start another batch so more will be ready in November, just in time for holiday baking and gift giving.

2 comments:

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!