Monday, April 29, 2013

FRUIT TREES ARE STARTING TO BUD OUT




Was roaming around after the rains and checking the fruit trees.  


The Pomegranate tree has buds all over it, probably ten or twelve.






There is a pear coming in on one of the pear trees and  a couple of flowers on the other one.






Here are some Satsuma Mandarins coming in.





These are tiny Barbados Cherries that are starting to bud out.





The dewberries are SLOWLY coming in, we've usually harvested in mid April, these look like mid May.




Even a few Meyer lemons are starting to develop. 

They could all just drop off in a few weeks, ha, but fingers crossed that everything keeps growing.

5 comments:

  1. Good post,Ray. These seasons of mapping has made the passage of spring and budding a part of my core being. That is, when I see the buds emerging I begin to feel hope that the season will end soon. Then this old kid and his cat can go 'home'. That is his new ideas of one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are going to have lots of wonderful fruit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. My pomegranates are blooming up a storm. I didn't cut them back last year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly envy people with fruit trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have gotten your trees in and they are already starting to bud! In case you don't know it I really love getting your blog every day. It's fun, inspiring and I feel like you talked to me every day. It eases the missing you part of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!