Sunday, April 21, 2013

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, RED CROSS

Vintage American Red Cross poster, circa 1917, image courtesy of US National Library
This poster dates from WWI.

In light of the events of the last week, I thought this one somehow seemed appropriate.  The American Red Cross is a great organization that responds to disasters, both natural and man made.  I love the image on this poster, it's so pretty, and the words are just as true now as they were then.

It's been a good weekend at the farm, tree plantings, mouse hunting, fence building, mowing, and general things to do.  I will have an update later.

Don't forget to enter the APRIL GIVEAWAY that started yesterday.


4 comments:

  1. As a nurse I love this poster TONS ! And yes going to enter your giveaway right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hoping some medical people would enjoy. Thank you for your work by the way, nurses are awesome (a good friend of mine is in nursing school now, late in life but making her dreams come true) and she's going to be an awesome nurse. The world needs more of them. :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree, this is a great poster for the past week,
    mouse hunting, mmm interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yep, mouse hunting, and discovering and dispatching, LOL!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!