Tuesday, April 9, 2013

LASTEST THRIFT STORE FINDS

I realized that I haven't posted any thrift store finds lately so I figured I'd share a couple of the latest finds.


I found this book, Songbirds in Your Garden, by John K. Terres.  The copy I found is an older copy, the link above is to the latest edition at Amazon.  It's chock FULL of great information about birds, the different species and how to attract them to your garden with their favorite treats.  It will be a great way for me to learn how to bring more birds to our property.  Best of all, $1.50!

The other find is a glass votive candleholder.  It's white frosted glass with a clear, dark blue raised relief design on it.  When I saw it, I knew it would fit in the bedroom perfectly.  Check out the picture below of it with the bedspread. 


Could it BE any more perfect for the room?  It looks very pretty lit up with a candle.  It will definitely have a special place on the dresser.  It was $2.75 and worth every penny because of the way it matches.

Total spent:  $4.25.

Be thrifty!

8 comments:

  1. nice! i have cut way back on my thrifting because i was afraid i was going to end up on horders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I could totally relate. 2nd Man always cringes when I say I ran by the thrift store at lunch, ha.

      Delete
  2. Nice finds there, that votive holder is gorgeous, would smell gorgeous too with Yankee Candles garden sweetpea burning away :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know the sweet pea scent, though I love Yankee Candles, I might have to just check that out! Thank you again!

      Delete
  3. Awesome finds. I love thrifting. I mostly thrift for my yard art but there are other occasions....like the chair I'm sitting in that I so love and wish I could find another. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is addicting huh? Yard art, I love that kind of stuff. Can't do it in town but I can at the farm. Need to work on the plants first but yard art sounds like fun!

      Delete
  4. It is almost as if the candle holder was waiting just for you to come in & buy it. I love it when I find the perfect thing by chance, because any time I have money & go on a mission to buy a specific item I cannot find it anywhere. Isn't that the way it works - no money & you see the thing you want everywhere, then the minute you have the cash burning a hole in your pocket, you cannot find one anywhere.
    The bird handbook is a good basic guide & should meet your needs. Once you start to recognize the different species you will be able to identify each bird much easier. That will be relaxing reading once you have a nice place to sit outside this Spring/Summer. it will also be helpful in planning you garden & whatever else you will be planting around the property.
    An inexpensive & successful thrift store trip is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several of my favorite finds came to me like that. Thanks for the info on the book, will definitely enjoy that soon. Of course, I need to get that place to sit, ha.

      Yes, those trips are the best! Thanks!!!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!