Monday, March 21, 2022

BACK ON THE ZEN MACHINE

The Zen Machine was delivered Friday.  For those new to the blog, the Zen Machine is what I call our John Deere X320 lawn tractor with a 54" mowing deck.  Once a year, our local JD dealer has a special with free pickup and delivery, 10% off parts and a reasonable price for a complete tuneup.

They check the belts, lubricate everything, change all the filters and of course the oil, sharpen the blades, and best of all, they look for any issues that might be coming up and we need to get ahead of (none found this time, yay).  


This time (they are under new management) they even cleaned and detailed it.  I was amazed when I saw it. It looks almost brand new. And guess what?  It's TEN years old this month!

Of course where they dropped it off and left it meant I had to get on it to drive it to the shed.  I told 2nd Man I didn't really need to mow so I would just drive it to the shed.  It was then I realized I needed to at least see how it ran.  It was smooth.

Then I realized I needed to test the mowing deck and newly sharpened blades...


Maybe just a quick mow toward the shed.  But then I realized that it would look weird like that, so let me just mow around the front...


Well if I mowed the front I need to mow the back...


If I mowed the front and back, then I needed to mow the driveway so it matched the rest.

Well, you might guess where this is going, one thing led to another and...


...an hour later, I finally got it into the shed, ha!


So the first mow of the season is now in the books, er, the app.  I skipped the trails this time as I don't know how wet they might be and we sure don't want a repeat of the great mud incident where it got stuck for a week.


The weather was cool and breezy with low humidity.  Even if the grass didn't really "need" to be mowed, I did it and I don't regret it, ha.  I had a great time!


Today however, we have bad weather heading our direction.  They are saying we could have some very heavy rains, which of course means it might be too wet to mow this coming weekend.  It could be fortuitous that I've already done much of it.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it, ha!


9 comments:

  1. yard looks nice. Now, how did I know that once you started mowing, you wouldn't be able to quit. :} Our yard could use a mowing but need to get gas before we can mow.
    We have been having a very light mist all morning but heavier rains moving in later on, severe storms, etc., etc., etc. :{

    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening and stay safe. Hopefully you won't have any flooding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you know me well, ha. Thanks and hope you guys were safe in the crazy weather of the last couple of nights. All is good here, storms last night and early morning but today turned out gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. back on the zen again! it's that time of the year. i saw that you might be getting bad storms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's that time for sure. Bad weather for everyone it seems, again tonight moving across the country. Yikes.

      Delete
  3. We have rain and storms on the way tomorrow. I wonder if they are coming from your part of the country. and, one thing led to another. The farm looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really nasty weather your direction hope you are ok.

      Delete
  4. The inaugural mow of the season! Looks like a well maintained park.
    It was fortuitous that you did mow with the rain we got. One inch here, which all the plant life really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!