Friday, March 11, 2022

BITS AND PIECES PART 4

Here's another still life moment from the desk at the farm.  Over the last year or so, we've been posting about items we have on the desk at the farm.  It's a scattering of things connected to our lives in some way.

These are some more:


The pig - the elephant in the room, er, um, pig in the room.  A few years back, we sponsored a pig for a dear friend's son who was in the FFA.  It was a black and white pig, or well really, more pink and gray not exactly like this and he named it Seda in honor of the farm.  When we saw this at a store, we knew we need to have it at the farm to remember that time.

The brass object - it's an antique tire pressure gauge!  My Dad found it in a box of old tools he bought at a garage sale years ago.  It was all dull and unpolished, as old brass often is.  He shined it up and as a kid I thought it was the neatest thing.  Looking at this picture now, I realize it needs a new polishing.

The pipe - in front of the pressure gauge is my Grandfather's pipe.  He used it for years and we can still smell the tobacco scent in it.

The Hope and Harmony stones - A friend of ours (who was moving overseas for work) gave them to us before he left because he said the words reminded him of us as a couple.

Bits and pieces of lives lived...

12 comments:

  1. What great memorable items you have of family & friends.
    Love that adorable pig
    Enjoy your day & evening and have a wonderful weekend.
    Stay Warm & stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pig was too cute to pass up and we did get it at the same time the FFA pig was being raised. Nice memories. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Those are very unusual mementos. I love the pig and the tire gauge. Probably the pipe is your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them all but yeah the pipe is nice to have...and the tire gauge is something I remember from my childhood. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. That pig is adorable! How cool that you sponsored the pig, FFA is a neat organization. My best friend was really involved in her FFA in high school (her school had it, mine did not), and I know she really enjoyed it, so good for you for helping other kids enjoy their experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Yeah he loved it but it was tough on that "final day". It's a great group and they do wonderful things. In retrospect I wished I had done something as a kid with hit. But it was fun to watch through his eyes. Side note update, he joined the Air Force after high school and has plans when he gets out, to get some rural property and wants to have some livestock. I think it instilled something in him, even if delayed.

      Delete
  4. I love bits and pieces that have memories attached. Every time you clean that area, holding them as you dust, you get that little bit of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way to think of it (and dusting IS a thing with little things like that ha). Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. A wonderful collection of beautiful, warm memories of special people.
    🌻🌻🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice to have tangible objects that attach us to people. Always helps us connect with our past.

      Delete
  6. Nice collection with memories attached. I have my dad's old pipe sitting on the coffee table and can still smell the tobacco smell if I sniff the pipe bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love that. A pipe is a great memory when you're a child it's such an unusual thing to watch relatives using.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!