Wednesday, March 23, 2022

PITMASTERS CHOICE FOIL TO KEEP YOUR SHEET PANS CLEAN

Occasionally, we like to share tips and things that we use that we've found we like.  This post comes from someone emailing us asking how we keep our sheet pans so clean when we use them so much.  When I said we cover them with foil, they said it must be strong foil.

In way, it is.

This is what we use for big things messy things: 


It's the "PITMASTER'S CHOICE" super strength foil.


Made by Reynolds Wrap of course.  Now there are other brands of course and they might call it something else, "super strength" or "BBQ foil" etc.  It's just not "heavy duty".  They make that too but "heavy duty" is not this stuff.  It's a bit more expensive of course but one thing that makes it worth it is the size.  This is much wider.


So wide that one sheet covers a full size sheet pan.  Speaking of, here's a tip to help fit a large piece of foil on a sheet pan.  Turn it upside down, shape the foil around the pan (as above)...


...then turn the pan upright and the foil fits right inside.  We use this foil for the turkey last Thanksgiving and put some parchment on top of the foil.


Here's the turkey sheet pan after removing the turkey that we roasted.


Here's a large full size sheet pan that had two meatloaves on it.  We removed them...


We carefully folded it up and removed it...


Voila!

Sheet pan is clean as a whistle and can go right back in the cabinet. 

We use this for messy things that might cause a burnt on sticky mess.  If we're doing cookies, we'll use parchment only.  Other things we'll use a Silpat (silicone mat).  He just likes to keep his sheet pans looking nice.  

Believe it or not, these pans are about twelve years old now!

7 comments:

  1. I do the same.
    I even do it on my cake pans when making a cake. Cake is easy to remove from the pan when you have the foil to get ahold of and lift right on out to place on a cake board or platter. I even line my broiler pan with foil as well; my oven under the heating element...shining side down and dull side up. Keeps my oven clean that way as well.
    Sure does save time when you don't have them pans to wash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I prefer my cookie sheets to remain looking as clean as possible!
    Plus, I keep the top rack in my oven covered in foil, so it stays clean, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Pitmaster’s Choice really does keep your pans clean. That is the nicest looking 12-year old pan I’ve ever seen. It is such a messy, time-consuming chore when food gets burned on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god, my sheet pans look like they've been used in a prison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am certainly impressed! Ditto what Jaz said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sheet pans look like new. I use cooking bags, paper or Reynolds heavy duty. I never heard of this foil. Plus, anytime anything leaks due to my negligence, Tommy scours them with BarKeeper's Friend.

    Once, when I used an ancient, cheap pizza pan, somehow lots of catsup was left on the pan. The tomato product left the pan shinier than when it was new. I would not suggest using catsup to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! This is in my Amazon basket now. I always have leaks in the seam between my two sheets of foil on my sheet pan. Also will use your technique of shaping it first! Thank you and I love your blog! Looks like you have a great life!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!