Sunday, March 20, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART FIRST DAY OF SPRING SUNDAY

Another week has flown by but finally, it's the FIRST DAY OF SPRING!  2nd Man recently had a birthday and every year on his birthday he asks me to make my tuna casserole.  I know, 1970 called and wants its dinner back, ha.  But he loves it and after all the good stuff he makes for me, I can at least give him what he likes too.

His birthday was during the week so he asked me to make it for the weekend.  I made it yesterday when I got back from the farm.

Tuna Casserole

It's a simple recipe (I think we posted once).  Cooked fettuccine noodles, peas, cheese, tuna, cream of mushroom, cream, seasonings, all mixed up and baked in the oven.  Pretty standard classic recipe.

We'll eat on it all weekend.

Casseroles are such comfort food.


Hobart was in another of his special spots behind me and I had to turn around and get a picture.  As for the spot, we have a sofa table behind one of the couches and we keep one of his blankets on there so he can jump on the couch and then onto the sofa table to sleep so he's close to us but on his own...because...

#notspoiled




17 comments:

  1. I loved Tuna Casserole as a kid (yes, in the 70s!) but I haven't made it in ages. Your picture is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah this recipe probably dates from the 70's.

      Delete
  2. My hubby would love this; me, not so much. I do like tuna for making tuna sandwiches
    I just cannot handle eating hot tuna. Now, what's for dessert?

    Such a Wonderful pose of Hobart. Yup; Looks like He is King of the household. :}
    Enjoy the rest of the afternoon and have yourselves a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot tuna, now I never thought about it that way, ha. But I understand. You could sub in turkey or chicken! You know we didn't have dessert. I'll have to rectify that on the next weekend meal.

      Delete
  3. Hobart rules!!
    Hubby would enjoy the casserole but I'm not a fan of tuna. It looks good though.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you had a great weekend and now start of the week. It is very good. I'll get the recipe up soon. Chicken or turkey would work.

      Delete
  4. Tommy said he would not eat this. But, I have never had tuna casserole. Do you have amounts of ingredients? It looks good and I want to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will put up a post with it soon. Super easy. I think you don't like peas either as I recall? You could leave them out or put in something else. I'll have a post with that soon.

      Delete
  5. The tuna casserole looks yummy and so does that sweet black cat! Hobart ❤️!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobart is yummy we always just want to smooch him all over his face, ha. The casserole is very good. Of course so are most all casseroles.

      Delete
  6. Delicious comfort food for 2nd Man. Mmm!
    Hobart is looking like he really wants a bite or two of it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort food for sure. He loved it too. You know Hobart was all over me when I opened that big can of tuna, ha. He had a few bites. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you for that! I will pass that along to him.

      Delete
  8. Your recipe looks so good,I get the best recipes and ideas for dinner from this blog.lol hope it was a very happy birthday! Yay,spring is on the way,looking forward to your garden posts. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much for that, very kind of you. We'll put this one up soon. SO glad Winter is over (for us anyway, we know other parts of the country and world still have it). Thanks again!!

      Delete
  9. That tuna casserole looks fabulous. I know you are a busy, busy guy, but please post your recipe. Happy Birthday to 2nd man!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!