Sunday, March 27, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

It's Sunday.  And it's my birthday.  It's been a foodie weekend, ha.

Yesterday when I got back from the farm it was steak and duck fat roasted French fries...

Today's meal is still being planned but for breakfast it was breakfast tacos using homemade flour tortillas.


For dessert last night, Napoleons. Layers of raspberries, vanilla custard and puff pastry.  It was so good, it just might be one of my new favorites.  

As for today, he's in there now frosting a cake.  I guess we'll have to have a post next week for the rest of the food wonderfulness, ha.


Hobart is not the least bit interested in any of the festivities.  He'd rather be in the sunshine where it's warm.  Note the comfy bed next to him.  It's in the same sunshine but we guess the floor is more comfortable at this moment.  We were brushing him the other night and noticed that he's shedding his Winter coat.  He gets so fluffy in the Winter and now Spring is here and we will have to brush him daily...

#notspoiled

16 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy!!
    Everything looks delicious. It's been a while since I had a steak. I think it's time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, steak on occasion is a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 🎉🎂🍨🎁🥂
    Wishing you only the best for the coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The steak and dessert look tempting. Happy Birthday! 2nd Man is a good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good and yes, he is. You're so sweet. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe I should have put for myself #notspoiled, ha.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday. What a great looking birthday meal. That dessert............Looks really good. YUM
    Hobart probably figured that laying in the padded bed was just a bit too warm but the floor; Well, that felt just right.
    Enjoy your evening

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I'm a March baby too. That Napoleon looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well happy belated birthday to you too, fellow Aries or Pisces, ha.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! 🎉🎈🎊🎂 Looks like 2nd Man is cooking and baking some really special and delicious foods for your birthday weekend.
    Hobart is so enjoying this beautiful, sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he outdid himself this year. That Napoleon was so yummy. I think we're all glad we made it through a milder than normal Winter.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!