Wednesday, August 24, 2022

BALL JAR ACCESSORIES BARGAIN

You all know I love to find a bargain.  The other day at lunch, I was at the grocery store getting our weekly groceries and I found this:  


A Ball jar canning utensil set.  I have some of these items already, but it's been our experience with most any kitchen equipment, it never hurts to have extras because you just never know when an extra tool or something might be needed.

This was in the clearance section at my local HEB grocery store.  The package had been torn so we figure that's why it was on clearance.  But how much was it?  Would it be worth it to have some extra tools?

99 cents!  Now THAT'S a bargain.

It looks like it has been floating around since mid-July (or at least that's when they printed the new label).


A jar lifter, a jar funnel and a bubble remover/headspace tool.

I'm trying to get the canning cabinet at the farm all stocked with everything I need.  It's where we keep the jars, rings, lids, tools, pots and pans.  This will also give us some extras to have here in town so they don't all end up at the farm.

Who knows, perhaps an extra set will come in handy if I need 2nd Man to assist me in the process.  We do have a bunch of pears (hopefully) coming soon, so I foresee a possible canning event in the near future.


4 comments:

  1. Two of those canning funnels come in handy for things other than canning. I bought two right off the bat instead of one. For that price how could you go wrong, especially since you have two kitchens. I store one set in the water bath canner and the other in a drawer since I use all that stuff all the time. I also keep all the dishtowels I have stained by canning in the water bath canner. I love the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a deal!! You sure have a nose for sniffing out goodies. It’s always good to have extras.
    I use my canning funnel all the time. For pouring soup into canning jars for refrigerator storage. For filling containers with beans, rice, cereal, etc. It’s a very handy tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What A Deal. Useful items to have when you start canning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have too much canning stuff! Extra accessories always come in handy. Actually, I'm amazed you found it on clearance. I have found no canning supplies in my area this year. Only one place was selling jars, at double last year's prices. Worrisome.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!