Thursday, September 19, 2024

HOW DO THESE WORK

Saw these at the store a couple of months back and meant to post about it but forgot...

Apparently waxed amaryllis is a thing.  They don't require water or soil (which is amazing by itself) but are, from what we've read, a one shot item.  You put them on your desk or table in the sunlight and they bloom and do their thing with flowers and then it's done.  The roots are removed prior to waxing, so I think even taking off the wax won't help.  So, do you just throw them away?  It seems kind of cool but wasteful at the same time, LOL.  Amaryllis flowers are so pretty.

Anyway ever had one of these?


5 comments:

  1. Never heard about these but did find a link for you. From what I gather; Once it is done blooming, you remove the wax and repot the bulb.

    https://thegrowmonster.com/what-to-do-with-waxed-amaryllis-after-it-blooms/

    https://getbusygardening.com/waxed-amaryllis-bulbs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of these either. After googling, I was glad to read that the wax can be removed, the roots will regrow, and they can be replanted to continue their life. I love amaryllis and have some in my flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Both of mine grew and bloomed. Replanted both outside and they lived to bloom again. They make great Christmas gifts. Brookwood Community sells them at holiday time. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always found them "over the top" to look at. Roderick P.S. I am pleased that the house plans are making both of you so excited and content.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!