Monday, September 23, 2024

WEEKEND AND EYES ON THE GULF AGAIN

It was a hot day Saturday, with feels like temps still over 100.  Ugh.  With a chance of rain later this week (see bottom of post), I had to decide to either mow now or skip it and take my chances.

I decided to mow.

Not too bad, it is short now and not growing much.

Here's another angle.

Nice and neat once again.

It was about normal compared to other mows as far as distance but faster since it wasn't very thick.

I put Zen Machine 2 up and we shall see if it's the last time he comes out this season or not.  A lot of that that depends on the weather, because, here we go again:

New storm is brewing in the Gulf.  SO far, it looks like it will end up East of us, but we are still in the middle of "not a zero threat".

If it rains, it'll be too wet to mow next weekend and if it doesn't, then I won't have to mow again since it's nice and short and going dormant.  Then, next weekend we can focus on packing up the house (we are falling behind on that).  It was just too hot this weekend to do the yard work AND be inside the house packing.

And hey, if the storm misses us, next weekend it's supposed to be cool!  Woo hoo!

Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. It was a good choice to get the mowing done, especially with rain chances increasing. I am really looking forward to that cooler weather coming.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!