Thursday, September 26, 2024

PUTTING UP NECTARINES

Nothing like some plump, juicy, fresh nectarines!

 We had a half dozen, and you know me, since they were super ripe, my first instinct was to put them up for future use!

First, I pitted them and sliced them up.

Then I put them in the freezer overnight (on parchment so they wouldn't be stuck to the pan) and popped them off the next morning.

Then I vacuum sealed them and put them back in the freezer, ready for the next time.

Nectarine cobbler?  Anyone have something cool to do with nectarines or do you just use them as you might if you had peaces?


3 comments:

  1. Had a friend who used to freeze nectarines or peaches with blueberries and serve them frozen as a treat, sometimes with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nectarines or peaches with a handful on blueberries on squares of that frozen multi layer pastry you can buy and keep in the freezer ... a tsp of sugar and bake till golden and bubbly .. yum ... sorry my memory leaves more each day ...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!