Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A GIFT OF MAPLE

Recently, we received a package in the mail from a sweet fellow blogger.  
It was heavy (that's always a sign of good things to come, huh?)

Maple syrup products
It was a regular "maple-palooza"!  There were (all gone now!) maple hard candies in a beautifully adorned box (saved the box for something special later on), a huge container of Pennsylvania maple syrup (waffles and pancakes, here we come!), and a tub of maple cream (sometimes called maple butter).  It's pure maple syrup heated to a specific temperature and then whipped, which causes it to change and hold its whipped state.  She said that the best way to eat it was served on warm, fresh baked bread...

Maple Cream on bread
...that was easy (well for me anyway, all I had to do was ask 2nd Man to make some, ha).  Oh my gosh it was SO good.  I might have overdone the first piece, 2nd Man said that it was a bit overly sweet, so the next slice was a thinner slathering...delicious!!

So a big thank you to Jaz at Octoberfarm.  She is a sweet, good, soul.  
We truly appreciate you and are glad to call you 'friend'!


She loves Halloween and all things Witchy!  

P.S.  Giveaway drawing results later tonight!

26 comments:

  1. Maple syrup..good and good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed it! i am baking bread tomorrow for the kids at the center and serving it to them with maple cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a jewel! Thank you so much, and your community is so lucky to have you.

      Delete
  3. Lucky! Maple syrup is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up making maple syrup with my grandparents, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's SO fascinating!! I would love to see that in person.

      Delete
  5. We have been blessed too by Joyce - we get nothing like this here in New Zealand and we savour the maple syrup - we sure can make it last. It's yummy aye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an awesome person for sure. I never thought about maple syrup being unique to here...I guess Maple trees don't grow everywhere, ha.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely gift, I have never come across Maple Cream before it looks delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it but it is SO wonderful.

      Delete
  7. What a generous - and delicious! - gift! And served with 2nd Man's homemade bread - mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Dawn, I have also never heard of Maple Cream but I love Maple Syrup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a fluffy version of maple syrup. It was new for us too.

      Delete
  9. I could fall down on my knees to worship maple candy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can TOTALLY understand that now...I'd never had it before but wow. So good.

      Delete
  10. I know the taste.

    Isn't amazing the wonderful people we get to meet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blogging world is full of good souls. :-)

      Delete
  11. That sounds fantastic and looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good. Amazing that it comes from a tree, ha.

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful surprise. She is a kind and generous soul and you two deserve to be treated to awesome things. The box top is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a wonderful and kind person for sure. I know the box top is so pretty. Not sure if she did it (she's crafty like that, ha) I'll have to ask.

      Delete
  13. 1st Man,

    A lovely gift from Jaz!!! She has such a big heart and does so much for people in her community.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!