Saturday, April 11, 2015

RACE TO BEAT THE RAIN

This is the radar image from yesterday afternoon.  The farm was right smack dab in the middle of a huge storm.  The weather forecast says the same thing will happen today...at about the same time.


...and then rain for three days.  We are always grateful for the rain, but that could leave the weekend shot again as far as anything getting done outside...


...but I'm willing to give it my best shot.  Since the bees come in one week (!) I have to make sure their future homes are ready and waiting, so that's really the only thing I have to make certain is done.   The rain means no burn pile, no mowing, no edging, and no garden work, but I'll make sure our ladies have a wonderful place to live!


 As this posts, I'll be at the farm, 2nd Man staying in town for work, and then to whip up something fabulous for dinner, ha.  

Hope your weekend is productive!


11 comments:

  1. Just the opposite here! We've been having rain and rain and snow and rain and snow and rain...but today the weather has turned and we are "expecting" several nice days and truly warm (40s and higher) weather for the next several days - hooray! There is SO MUCH TO DO and most of it is waiting on the last of the snow and ice to melt away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the rain holds off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to follow your bee keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read more about the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. got my burning done early this morning and just finished cleaning out one of my iris bed; one down 2 more to go.
    I just hope the rain holds off here till the nascar races are over with come this evening. They're racing here in Texas this weekend. Just hope I can stay awake to watch the whole race and hope they don't get rained out.
    Looking forward to your bee updates.
    Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I always assumed that a hive was filled with one female (the queen) and the rest were boys. How stupid is that!! Will the rain affect the transport of your bees to their new home in any way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee time. How very, very exciting.
    I hope the weather holds off long enough for you to get the essentials done. And work up a good appetite for 2nd Man's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting times knowing the bees are arriving, I was like a little kid at Christmas when I knew mine were coming, we have had a very unusual week of sunshine and more to come, I hope to be doing a hive check during the week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Set an extra plate, please. I'm on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1st Man,

    It's raining here too. Hopefully, the rain will subside....an you'll be able to accomplish all you've planned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please be aware that type of honeysuckle can be invasive and keep it in check. That meatloaf looks yummy. And now I know what I'm having for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!