Saturday, April 11, 2015

BEAT THE RAIN


Got the hives all painted and ready (more on that in another post).

Got the hive area done with landscape timbers, weed block cloth, black mulch and the metal stands in place (will have a post with that too).

Honeysuckle in bloom
The smell at the farm was intoxicating...the honeysuckle was everywhere and in full bloom.  I hope it stays in bloom long enough for the bees to enjoy!  The smell certainly is amazing.

I was able to do some mowing, after a minor tire incident, and it only sprinkled on me once while I was out there.  I put everything up, got in the car and it started raining, talk about perfect timing!

Meatloaf Dinner
Came home to a nice meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and some fresh baked bread.  For those wondering where veggies are, 2nd Man loads the meatloaf up with shredded carrots, onions, minced peppers, celery, parsley, etc, so we still get our veggies with the meal, ha.  

I'm in a food coma/sore body state so that's it for now.  We're watching the NASCAR race (it's here in Texas tonight).  Tomorrow we are up early, 2nd Man's nephew is getting his senior ring and there is a ceremony at the school.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a really wet day.


14 comments:

  1. When I was a kid we used to suck the nectar out of the honeysuckle, did you ever do that? One of my very favorite scents, right after lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day! And what a supper to come home to - including homemade bread!
    Honeysuckle does smell heavenly. When I lived in the country, I had a "hedge" of honeysuckle growing on a barb wire fence - what a lovely scent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A productive day AND a wonderful dinner to come home to. Win/win.
    Looking forward to the bee posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bee hive envy... LOL...maybe I can manage a hive or two this next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have someone to cook for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1st Man,

    The smell of heaven......aka: Honeysuckle in bloom :-) Love it totally, I don't have any at our place however, when in town they're several trees over near the library. Every now and then when in town, I venture over that way just for a little smell of heaven.

    OMG......2nd Man sure makes some awesome looking meals. Meatloaf, YUM!!!!!
    I watched a bit of the races today.....well actually, Bulldog Man was watching.....and I just sat down and bothered him while he was watching, lol....

    Senior year, one of the happiest times of the year celebrating picking up one's class ring. Have fun with your nephew at his special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be amazing jelly if the bees get to the honeysuckle. My honey I get from a beekeeper tastes like flowers smell. There are honeysuckles that bloom at different times, so you could keep them in honeysuckle.

    I put oats in my meatloaf to stretch the meat. Actually, it is so I eat less meat and have the nutrition of oats, too. Since I will eat vegetables, I thought hiding/loading meatloaf was just for kids or people who were picky eaters. I will have to try this, too.

    I am glad you beat the rain. I hear your rain will be here tomorrow. sigh

    We had no ceremony to get our ring, just pick it up. This was in 1962.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuppers. That's the only way to make meat loaf. That is how I always made and still make. Was a way for my girls to eat their veggies.
    Gosh, wish I lived closer; I would pick some of those honeysuckle blooms and make some Honeysuckle jelly.
    After working outside all day yesterday, I was exhausted and fell asleep before the races even came on. :{

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great day! Sounds lovely and a wondeful supper too! I like all the vegies in the meat loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a product called "Slime" that I used in my mower tires - it sealed the punctures..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a productive day & little rain.
    We are having meatloaf tonight & I will be loading it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like your new banner at top. Pretty cool with your upper part of the shed and all your comments coming through the door sort of speak. :}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colleen beat me to it, I was logging in to tell you how much I love your new banner at the top. It looks amazing! Nice job! Janie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!