Thursday, April 12, 2012

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, OUTDOOR DINING TABLE

Outdoor dining table area, photo courtesy of: gardenweb.com
OK, those who have followed the blog for awhile, know that we have an area under a great old Mesquite tree, and our plan is to create an awesome outdoor dining area.  Ironically, I just mowed under there the other day in preparation for clearing the area and starting to work on it.  So I started researching ideas and stumbled across this photo.

It's very inspiring and, other than the length of the table (no room for something this big under our tree), it looks almost exactly like what I've wanted to do out there. I like the gravel, the table, the chairs, the rustic nature of the decor, all of it.  In fact, this is such an inspiration, I've printed out a copy and taken it to the farm to put on a bulletin board as a reminder.

Today is blog day off, see you back here tomorrow morning!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so pretty huh? I'm going to start working on our "area" this weekend. After I mow again, ha.

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that it all has such an old, used look, like it has a history. I would love old looking garden furniture rather than something that looks like it just came from a garden centre (even if it did, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I love about it too. Like it's been there forever. Funny how we sometimes pay for something to look old, huh? I've got some ideas for a table top that should 'age' pretty quickly and look like this, hopefully, ha.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the idea! You have beautiful taste. The most challenging part will be designing the area for open weather, so cleanup for use is not too much of a task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for that. Yes, I've already thought about that, that's going to be a part that will take some thinking, trying to get it all into a form that will allow for easy (i.e. quick) cleanup when people are coming over for dinner. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!