Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WHY DOES BLOGGER DO THESE THINGS


Pay no attention to the mysterious white boxes floating around the blog.

As many of you know, Google recently changed the Blogger tool.  It's about to become mandatory.  Along with the change we now apparently have some glitches.  Part of this are these random white boxes.  They are somehow connected to a Facebook widget, but I've looked and I can't find a Facebook widget on my interface, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm not comfortable editing HTML code, so I'm trying to figure out what's going on, how to find if I have some sort of hidden widget, and what the best course of action is.  Hopefully the white boxes will be gone soon.

UPDATE:  I think I've fixed it.  I had to adjust some settings, apparently it's a Facebook widget problem.  If anyone else is having issues, let me know and I'll explain how I fixed it on mine.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog reading....

3 comments:

  1. I've never been thrilled with changes. I'm an old stick-in-the-mud. So every time Blogger has made changes, I get one step closer to switching to WordPress.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto Sue, ditto! I don't like big changes to something that was working just fine.

      Delete
  2. Great. I am not looking forward to my next post. I thought Blogger was quirky enough already. It really does not need any more quirks. You will be techspert if I have this problem.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!