Saturday, April 21, 2012

IT'S A BRIGHT SUNSHINY DAY


Saw these on the side of the road today while driving back to the city and just had to pull over and snap a picture.  They made me smile.  Probably the last of the wildflowers for this season but what a fitting end.
There is something about yellow that is just a happy color.

Today was a good day, got the property around the house mowed (have I told you I love my John Deere? LOL), worked in the flower beds some more, turning the soil and pulling grass which helped define the edge, lots of little projects in the house (such as putting those slider things on the feet of the dining room chairs, working on the bar cart, etc).  I stayed from this morning until about 6pm.  We still don't have lamps in the house, something we need to work on, so I have to leave before it gets too dark.  Working on some oil lamps  as an alternative, but need to get the parts for them.  They were lamps that were in my Grandparents' cellar for years.  More on those in a future post.

Anyway, tomorrow will be a fun day, have some friends coming out but we're going early so we can get more stuff done.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your picture of wildflowers is John Deere colors, haha. Glad things are progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful. I am missing the Spring countryside while I am here in the city and I can't wait to find out what has been going on in my garden. I planted some veggies the day before I left and I have no idea what has been happening to them, I hope they are OK - I feel like a parent!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!