Tuesday, June 19, 2012

REFRIGERATOR CALCULATOR, EASY DIY PROJECT

This is something I did for 2nd Man a few years ago for his baking/cooking needs and of course, now I had to make another one for the farm fridge.  There are many times you need a calculator in the kitchen.  Sure you keep one in a drawer or laying around, but it never seems to be there when you reach for it.  I bought an inexpensive solar calculator and a package of adhesive magnetic strips.


Flip the calculator over, peel back the adhesive portion and stick them on.  In this case, they didn't even require cutting, they were already the perfect length, but if that's necessary, they can be simply cut by scissors. After that, you're done.  Just flip it back over and voila...



...you have an instant magnetic calculator that you can hang on anything metal in your kitchen.  For us, it works best having it on the side of the refrigerator but you could put it on the stove or dishwasher or vent hood or wherever you can get to it when you need it.

18 comments:

  1. OK, it's official, You are SSSSOOOOOO much more creative than I am. I am envious but no bitterly so. I intend to go home and do this project because, . .well, because (I absolutely will NOT tell you what a doofus I am). Great project, creative idea. Score!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks so much. Hey, we went for years before I thought about it. And I'm sure they make magnetic calculators, but the thing about this is you can get whatever kind YOU like, color, style, features and MAKE it stick to the fridge. Good luck!!

      Delete
  2. I just keep my computer in the kitchen. I haven't quite figured out how to attach it to the side of the refrigerator though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so smart. *head smack* Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it always the simplest things that I can never think of? Great idea! I've always relied on my math whiz SO to help with calcs while cooking. But when he's not around, it's a crap shoot relying on my "math skills". I am so doing this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could share this and have people enjoy it! Ditto here, I'm not the math whiz in the family so it's nice having a calculator pretty much anywhere I can get to it, ha.

      Delete
  5. How come something so simple is the thing I can't figure out on my own? Hehe. Thanks for this idea, my tiny calculator is in the back of my tool drawer. I am digging it out this weekend and putting some magnets on it and putting it right on my fridge! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have one of those drawers too, ha. Let us know how it works out!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sometimes it's the simplest things that are the most fun huh? LOL! Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. I think this is such a clever idea...I just went to my craft room and found some magnetic strips and I'm doing this right NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Careful, you'll have calculators on everything, ha.

      Delete
  8. I wish I could think like you do. And had your creative flair....and your clever ways. Guess I'll just have to settle for admiring you from afar. :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, I admire your creative skills from afar all the time myself!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!